PhD in French @ University of Michigan – Ann Arbor
Expected May 2026
M.A. in French @ University of Michigan – Ann Arbor
Graduate Certificate in Women’s & Gender Studies @ University of Michigan -Ann Arbor
Expected May 2023
B.A. in French & English @ Indiana University – Bloomington
Departmental Honors & High Distinction
University of Michigan (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
Graduate Student Instructor (Instructor of Record)
- FRENCH 231: Second-Year French (WINTER 2021)
- FRENCH 103: Review of Elementary French (FALL 2020, FALL 2021)
Graduate Media Assistant
- FRENCH 231: Second-Year French (FALL 2019 – WINTER 2020)
Chesterton High School (Chesterton, Ind.)
Interim French Teacher
- 2nd, 3rd & 4th Year French (Apr. 2019 – May 2019)
Lycée Robert Doisneau (Vaulx-en-Velin, France)
Fulbright English Teaching Assistant (Oct. 2018 – Apr. 2019)
- Worked with high school English classes from seconde to terminale (equivalent to sophomore to senior in the US)
- Worked with brevet de technicien supérieur (BTS) English classes (roughly similar to an associate’s degree program in the US)
Indiana University (Bloomington, Ind.)
Writing Tutor (Jan. 2017 – May 2018)
- FRIT-F 314: Creative/Critical Writing in French (Aug. 2017 – Dec. 2017)
Service & Related Experience
Graduate Employees’ Organization 3550 (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
Contract Committee Co-Chair (May 2021 – Present)
Organizing Committee Member (May 2020 – Present)
Department Steward (Sept. 2019 – Apr. 2021)
Michigan University-Wide Sustainability & Environment Conference (Ann Arbor, Mich.)
Organizing Committee Co-Chair (May 2021 – Present)
Organizing Committee Member (Sept. 2020 – Apr. 2021)
Community Action Network (Ypsilanti, Mich.)
Summer Program Facilitator (June 2019 – Aug. 2019)
The Ground Floor (Bloomington, Ind.)
Teen Mentor (Oct. 2017 – May 2018)
Volunteers in Tutoring Adult Learners (Bloomington, Ind.)
Literacy & Math Tutor (Oct. 2016 – Jan. 2018)
Indiana University Press (Bloomington, Ind.)
Editorial Intern (May 2017 – Dec. 2017)
Indiana University (Bloomington, Ind.)
Research Assistant to Dr. Cara Caddoo (Aug. 2017 – May 2018)
Honors & Grants
- Rackham Merit Fellow, University of Michigan – Ann Arbor, Sept. 2019 – Present.
- English Teaching Assistantship Award (5,050€), Franco-American Fulbright Commission, Apr. 2018.
- Grace P. Young Undergraduate Award ($500), Dept. of French & Italian, Indiana University – Bloomington, Apr. 2018.
- National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) Travel Funding ($1,000), Office of Competitive Awards & Research, Indiana University – Bloomington, Apr. 2018.
- Founder’s Scholar, Indiana University – Bloomington, 2018.
- Culbertson Grant ($1,000), Dept. of English, Indiana University – Bloomington, Apr. 2017.
- Palmer-Brandon Prize in the Humanities ($20,000), College of Arts & Sciences, Indiana University – Bloomington, Mar. 2017.
- Inducted to Pi Delta Phi, Indiana University – Bloomington, 2016.
- Executive Dean’s List, Indiana University – Bloomington, 2015 – 2018.
- 21st Century Scholar (full tuition + add’l stipend), Indiana University – Bloomington, 2014 – 2018.
- “Embalming ‘Une chargone’: Baudelaire and the Postmortem Subject.” Nineteenth Annual Conference of the Society of Dix-Neuviémistes, virtual conference, Mar. 2021.
- “‘the plant now looks strangely changed’: Reconsidering History and Ethics in a Posthuman Chernobyl.” Science Fiction Research Association Annual Conference, Marquette University, Jul. 2018.
- “Unrecognized Violence and the Subversion of Masculine Desire in The Juggler.” NCUR, University of Central Oklahoma, Apr. 2018.
- “XXX Like Vonnegut.” Granfalloon: A Kurt Vonnegut Convergence, Indiana University Bloomington, May 2018. Co-curated a booth with Dr. Rebekah Sheldon and Kyra Triebold illustrating the links between midcentury pornographic culture, Vonnegut’s work, and science fiction.
- English (Native)
- French (Fluent)
- German (Reading)